A simple easy to eye. With these glamourous gold and black shadows.
I always use a dozen products to do the simplest of looks, I just get carried away layering colour upon colour. But with this look I only use two different products, which is amazing for me. I love this look, it is one of my go to looks when I don’t have a lot of time and I haven’t chosen my out fit. I always like to match my make-up to my outfit, but with this look I know it will go with most of my party outfits.
Here’s a quick how to and product information:
- First take the cream shadow on the left hand side, and place it over the lid. I used a synthetic brush to apply it.
info on product: Sleek Molten Metal (£7.00) Two shades one a cool gold and the other a yellow gold colour. This is a cream textured shadow, I do find it creases which is why I use it as a base. It gives an extra pop of intensity.
- Next I used this gold shadow all over the lid packing it on mainly in the inner two thirds. and then using a fluffy blending brush to dust it all over from the crease to the brow bone.
- I used this black shadow on the outer third of my eye and dragged it inward along my crease line with a firm fluffy blending brush.
- I Completed this look by lining my water line and drawing a thin liquid line along my upper lash line.
- Add Mascara. I used a YSL Mascara.
Info on product: YSL Palette Ombres Duolumieres No.39. (I think it was £25). This oozes glamour. The gold gives a very fine sparkly dust effect, it’s quite an opaque shadow, it’s more sparkle than a solid block of colour. Both colours apply beautifully.
There’s not a lot to say about the black other than it’s intense and of really good quality. This is a perfect compact the colours compliment so well, you will always use them together unlike other palettes where one colour might get neglected. It is expensive and I don’t think I would get any more of YSL’s Duo compacts but this one is just my cup of tea. Make-up Loves ….. YSL Ombres Duolumieres N0.39.
Any questions let me know.