Once upon a time we all watched our beloved Disney cartoons in a distant land called childhood (and perhaps we still do from time to time despite being “all grown up”). One thing I noticed was that Purple seams to be the “bad guys” colour. The evil Queen from Snow White has two hues of purple eyeshadow, as well as Ursula from The little mermaid who is quite literally purple!
I created this look inspired by, the badies of Disney.
How I did this:
- First press Inglot No.39 a light pink/purple into the centre on the eye lid
- Next take Inglot No.439 (a deeper purple) and place on the outer and inner third.
- Create a high winged shape
- Blend out well above the crease.
(Insure that the deeper colour doesn’t make the lighter pink too murky .)
- To finish I used Mac’s Retro Spec as a highlight in the inner corner and brow bown
- Using illamasqua’s pure pigment in static a fine purple/white shimmer. Dip the ring finger in it and and pressed the pigment directly onto the centre of the lid, just to add a pop of sparkle and extra dimension.
- Line the eye’s with a thin liquid winged liner, and draw the line in, past the inner duct of the eye for more drama.
- Underneath the eye I smudged the darker purple along the outer corner and then faded it into the lighter pink/purple
- Add mascara and black eyeliner along the water line to finish.
The finished look in daylight
With the flash
I would personally wear this eye shadow look out and about. It’s bright and loud, and I love purple on my eyes.
To make this look really over the top (and perhaps less wearable for most people who live outside of a Disney fantasy) and to add a little more wicked witchness! This is how I did my lips. I perhaps wouldn’t wear this look as a hole, but this is a fun way to really exaggerate the lips.
- I lined my lips with this dark purple Gosh;Purple Stain Eyeliner
- Then I used NYX No.838 Purple Rain to fill in the middle
- I used these two Sleek lipsticks to fill my lips in carefully, trying my best to insure the outer edges remained darker.
- I used the Illamasqua Purplish coloured glitter and pressed it over the middle of the lips so my lips would pop and sparkle
Is that OTT enough? I sure hope so! These lips perfectly mirror the colours of the eyeshadow
I used Gentle by Mac on my cheeks.
I hope you enjoyed this post. Letme know if you think I put to many photo’s in, not sure if it’s a bit much??