The polishes I used for this were all from China Glaze. I love china Glaze, they have the best bright colours, However I wish the consistency of the polishes were stronger, as often I find they need three coats.
The main colour I used for this look is called Orange Knockout. I feel like this colour almost glows in the dusky light of the evening, it’s that bright.
The next two colours are Pink Voltage and Flip Flop Fantasy; this is a beautiful almost pastel neon orange colour. It’s a great beach colour, especially on the toes.
- I painted my thumb and my first three fingers with Orange Knockout
- Then I painted the tips of my nail with Pink Voltage, only a small amount on my middle finger, and a larger amount on my ring finger,
- I used my striper brush to draw a line with Flip Flop Fantasy, to make my design extra cool, AND to cover all the mistakes.
- Next I took some of my shiny rose metallic tape (from ebay) lined it up along side my striped line and stuck it down (the tape is sticky)
- Baby finger got a coat of Flip Flop fantasy.
- I added more detail with my striper pen, diagonally on my ring finger.
- I made a dot on my index finger with Pink Voltage (didn’t come out to strongly)
- I place the pink tape in a V shape on my index finger
- Carefully filling in the tip with the Flip Flop Fantasy; I used a short stiff nail art brush for this
- I also placed a pink diagonal sweep on the corner of the baby finger in Pink Voltage. (you can’t really see it in this pic.
Finish off both hands with a top coat especially to stick down the tape!!!!!
I found that placing pink voltage and Orange knockout on each other doesn’t particularly show up. Flip Flop Fantasy on the other hand is a great one for adding extra detail.
Hope you enjoyed. My bright nails
Stay tuned for more tips, tricks, how to’s and reviews
So this week I am doing a Review: Nina Ultra Pro Neon Nail Polish. I love my brights. Summer, winter come rain or come shine. With a vibrant coloured lacquer I’m a happy bunny…..
Unless of course it stains my nails yellow.
Now the consistency of these polishes aren’t the best quality, if I’m comparing it to O.P.I. standards; but for a polish that only cost me £3.95 nor do I expect it. However I used a base coat applied two coats of this bright Yellow called Calypso Of The Heart, before I used my sponge to stipple on the bright orange nail polish , in Socca Up The Sun, to create this fiery look.
However, upon removing my nail polish, I discovered that my nails had been stained yellow. Despite the fact I applied a base coat my nails, it looked as if I’d been smoking 20 a day. Grossssssss
I truly liked this colour and it’s always a risk with yellows but I wont be wearing it again as the staining was too bad.
This polish doesn’t apply amazingly but I do really like the applicator brush, it’s designed super well, like the Bourjour polish brushes. Its the kind of shape brush that is curved to fit your nails. This is a big bonus. I will try there products again, I just don’t think I will be trying any yellows or greens for a while.
Stay tuned for more Tips, Tricks, How-to’s and reviews……
Tilly Li Loves
My boyfriend painted my nails…..what do you do when you just can’t decide what colour to paint your nails….. Oh I know ask your boyfriend to choose. Hmmmm I soon as I asked him I suddenly thought “Is this a good idea?”. It was too late I gave him control.
So he didn’t actually paint my nails he just helped this indecisive lady decide what, and how to paint my nails. The first thing he said was” how many can I choose” (oh lord!) “how ever many you want” I told him. “Ok, I choose this one, because my eye was first drawn to it, (the lilac polish), this one because it’s bright like summer (the neon yellow one), and this one because it looks saucy (the berry coloured varnish)” . He totally got involved I rate him for that, but he wasn’t actually done. He then told me what order he wanted me to paint my nails: two lilac, the middle finger should be bright berry colour, then the next two finger and thumb yellow.
So that’s what I did, but me being me I had to put my own twist on it. so I embellished.
- To create the angled straight lines at the tips of some of my fingers I used the nail foil tapes as guide lines and then peeled them off.
- I used a sponge to create a stippled effect.
- To create the dots….. well a dotting tool of course.
On one of my index fingers I used the Mariah carry Gold flakes polish but I thought that this ended up looking like crap, other than that it was bright and fun. Thanks BF you crazy guy.
Nina pro: Calypso of the heart
China Glaze: Lotus Begin
Seche Vite: Opulent
O.P.I : Pure 18k white gold and silver top coat
I hope you enjoyed
Should I let my boyfriend do other beauty related things for me??
For more tips, tricks, how- to’s and reviews, stay tuned
Bright Turquoise eyeshadow how-to, whoop whoop! So if you read my “makeup haul” post recently you would have seen I purchased some kiko eyeshadows. I created this look using some of them.
owwww, look at these turquoise eyes. So fancy! Anyway enough compliments to myself. This is how I did it. I used:
- First I used Kiko 264 from the inner corner to just beyond the middle
- on the outer third I took this OCC colour in Nori and I also patted it on the crease line going slightly in and above the Kiko colour.
- I lined my upper lash line with this Bourjois liner (which is like a pen)
- I also used the chocolatey brown Kiko colour I bought (No. 216) for under my eyes, just below the lashes and smudged it along with a smudge brush
- I drew in my eyebrows with this Inglot brow pencil
- For the rest of the look I used my trusty Benefits Roller Lash
- This no brand matte bronze/peach coloured blusher
- The lips I used Estee Lauder a pale pink colour called Desirable
click here to see me review on these products.
I was inspired by my new top to create this look. I like my make up and my outfit to be matchy matchy!
This top is from h&m.
Stay tuned for more tips tricks how-to’s and reviews.
Is there anything better than going shopping for just one thing and coming home with crap loads of makeup…………. errrrr Nah! Tilly makeup haul time. Whoop Whoop!
First things first from left to right:216, 288,264
The colours seem pretty strong, I’ve already tested a couple out on my eyes and I really liked the effect. It doesn’t feel like a luxury product but they seem to smudge well, and come out strong.
Left to right: 30, 23
These two are very shimmery, they are not as pigmented as the previous three.
I like the colours but they are more sheer and glittery. So good for either a subtle look, or to put over another stronger colour for a touch of sparkle.
This looks like a pale skin colour. It blends out quickly it’s not a strong base colour though. Creamy slightly tacky (in a good way) texture. I’ve used it a couple times and so far so good. Colours seam strong didn’t seam to move around, what more could you want.
Brow pencil No.512. I think this colour is slightly to light for me, but I like the product, it’s very waxy and it comes out with a light touch, so you don’t end up with really heavy looking brows.
Inglot Sparkling Dust No.1. Love this! It’s very versatile. I mixed it with a foundation and it became super shiny, it turned into some kind of ultra glow! When I mixed it with my moisturiser and spread it all over my legs arms and shoulders I became the most glittery lady! I also used it as an eyeshadow, it was super sparkly. This is super versatile it’s not just for cheek bones, and you get loads in the pot.
On the right is Laura Mercier Lipstick and the Left Is Inglot Lip liner/Lipstick.
This cream liner is great. It’s also by Laura Mercier and is super black and a lovely consistency. I prefer creams because the gel ones sometimes crumble on the eyes after they’ve set. I like this one to because you can blend it out to create a smoky eye
All in all I am pretty pleased with my buys. So far I have used most of them to great effect!
Whoop. I will keep you posted.
For more tricks, tips, how to’s and reviews stay tuned…..
I ask my friend “V” what does this make up look like. She said straight away a cockatiel of course! Is that a good thing? but as I already did a make up look called the Golden Whistler another bird inspired look. I thought I’d run with it. Maybe I’m all about the Birds. So I bring to you my Inglot Cockatiel makeup How-to.
These are the first eyeshadows I used, I don’t think it’s totally necessary to use No.41 as well, but I like a little shine from time to time.
First apply the medium grey matte eyeshadow, I used Inglot Matte 387.
- Next I used a small pointed crease brush in deep brown. (MAC Embark)
- I firstly applied the deeper matte lime green colour ( Inglot No. 51) and then put the shimmery shadow on top (Inglot Shine 41)
- Line the upper lash line with liquid liner and wing it out
- I then applied this dark muddy green colour underneath my eye (inglot 56) and winged it out following the line of my
- I placed the shimmery white into the very corner of my eye
- In between the black winged out liquid liner and the winged dark green liner I carefully placed the Matte white shadow (Mac Gesso) with a stiff angled brush. FOR EXTRA DRAMA!
- For the lips I used this Sleek quad in Tease, It’s a beautiful creamy rosy red colour
- I used this random no brand matte blush in a peachy brown colour.
The finished look! Ta daaaaaaaaa. A lot of interesting colours going on. I really liked this look. Very different to what I usually wear in the day time.
Link to my website here Tilly Li Loves
Benefits Bad Gal Vs. Roller Lash Mascara. Is there a difference? Yes, as it turns out. I didn’t actually know what the difference was exactly, as I have always worn them separately (obvs). I always thought Bad Gal was “blacker” and roller Lash did slightly curl me lashes…. However these are the results of my investigation. Dun Dun Duuuuuuun
After: Left Is Bad Gal and The right is Roller Lash
My lashes were longer and more lifted with both. I actually really like both Mascara’s but I did find that Roller Lash made my lashes stick together a little bit. Roller lash is darker and more intense. It has a striking pointy look to it. It definitely lifted my straight lashes, and gave a dramatic effect.
Left Bad Gal Right Roller Lash
Bad Gal I found to have a more feathery look to it. Giving the illusion that I have more lashes. I also thought this mascara looked more natural. Personally I preferred this mascara, it gave me fuller looking lashes and it’s not as dramatic.
The Bad Gal mascara wand is like a regular wand, big and fluffy, it gets loaded up full of product and as it is applied it helps to spread the lashes and make them look full but not clumpy.
The Roller Lash is curved and plastic, it applies a lot of product, it helps to really get in there at the base of the lashes.
All in all I think both mascara’s are of a good consistency, I prefer bad gal as it’s more natural looking, although I have to admit Roller Lash does look better in photo’s.
Stay tuned for more tips tricks reviews and how to’s…
Check out my website Here